Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

Netscape 7 Question

Does anyone know how to make web pages in netscape 7 scroll smooth like they do in IE? Right now it is really choppy when I scroll and it is screwing my eyes up.

I don't know about Mozilla/Netscape 7 but with Opera it's a simple matter of adding "Smooth Scrolling=1" to Opera6.ini. Perhaps a similar setting exists either in the Preferences dialogue or prefs.js file for your Netscape user profile.

Well I found a mouse scroll section in the prefs of netscape but there is no smoothing option like IE has. I also looked for that file you said it might be in but the only thing I could find was a security file. I guess I will keep looking till I find somthing.

Quote:
Well I found a mouse scroll section in the prefs of netscape but there is no smoothing option like IE has. I also looked for that file you said it might be in but the only thing I could find was a security file. I guess I will keep looking till I find somthing.

The profiles are in a hidden directory (Application Data) in your profile directory (\Documents and Settings\{User name}) so a regular search won't find it. I just had a look and in my files theres nothing that relates directly to smooth scrolling. A quick Google search seems to suggest that Mozilla (and therefore presumably Netscape 6/7, Phoenix, Galeon and any other browser based on Moz) doesn't support it at all so you might be out of luck