Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tHêGhð§tÔfT¡mé

Hitman 2 silent assassin problems!!!

Hey anyone got this game and had problems with it using up all ur pagefile space.....mine is set at 350mb min and 800mb max and it slowly goes upto 800mb and then says my virtual mem is too low and windows is making my pagefile larger then the game freezes up and crashes to desktop screen. Is this a bug in the game or is my winxp stuffin up on me? had noticed when i change settings and reboot they dont seem to stay applied and revert back to default....so anyone know a fix for this?????...im using XP with SP1 and TNT2 m64 32mb PCI <--- (stop laughing now) laugh

thats why then smile

you need more then 800mb, how much ram u got?

bump the vm up and it should be fine

Downloaded or bought?

i *cough* downloaded*cough* it, and i do not have probvs, now i do got my VM like 384 - 1.5g on a seprate parition and 512 of memory, and it does not use up ANY where near all of that

my issue is is that it just crashes @ the end of a level frown - but i do plan on buying it as it is a sweet ass game! so that should sove my problem.

lol...well yea my copy seemed to have found its way on to my harddrive somehow too 8) how did that get there i wonder lol...well to the point...my page file is on a separate harddrive which is only a 1.2gb drive and i use that for pagefile space and my primary HD is a 8gb partitioned into two 4gb drives.

Quote:
lol...well yea my copy seemed to have found its way on to my harddrive somehow too 8) how did that get there i wonder lol...

It must be that new virus circulating around the Internet, you know the one that downloads all these so called "retail games" on your machine, in which you have no control whatsoever! Damn these people who program these nasty viruses. ;(

Quote:
hehe yeah..well it may have been put on my system by someone laugh ...but its a kick ass game!!!

Then you should support the developers by purchasing a copy.

Quote:
lol...well yea my copy seemed to have found its way on to my harddrive somehow too 8) how did that get there i wonder lol...well to the point...my page file is on a separate harddrive which is only a 1.2gb drive and i use that for pagefile space and my primary HD is a 8gb partitioned into two 4gb drives.

if that is the case, did u get a ripp'd version or a full bin/cue?

if u got a bin/cue, what release?as there wasonly 1 legit release - as always

And as said above 0 if they game is good enough buy it! Developers do deserve the money for the hard work.

yea i know gonna buy it when i get some $$ but yea. i downloaded the ripped class version thats the one ive been having probs with, so im in the middle of getting the FLT bin/cue version so hope that works a lil better.

I've bounced around a couple forums and found that everyone using just about every OS is having some crazy problems with this game, even Xbox people, which is funny as hell. So, basically until they come out with a patch or something.....meh.

Quote:
^^^ ahahha u serios,lol

as for rip's don't bother man, they hard ever work! is not worth it.

Well i guess ur right bout rips being useless...the ripped version i had is screwed and the bin/cue version i was downloading works like a charm..no probs with it laugh

Check that it is the retail version, betas are not unusually bugged with memory leaking problems that make page file and resources depletion.