Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
telthenipper

HELP!!! PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS XP PRO

HI

I'm having a problem with windows xp pro. Every so often I get a crash and it blue screens on me. The BSOD message is:

IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and at the bottom of the page ARE these numbers:-

0x0000000a (0xE16A5C48, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8057F543)

Does anybody know what this means and why my pc is crashing, or does anybody know How I can find out?

MANY THANKS TEL

It's probably caused by your video drivers.

Clean them all out and re-install them (you might want to download the latest detonators depending which version you currently have).

When you install new nvidia drivers you need to unistall the previous verison first, reboot then install new drivers. Otherwise they become corupt.

If you recive this BSOD it's incompatible hardware, it could be usb, sound, modem, network... anything that uses irq's (microsoft says). [http://www.microsoft.com/ windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en/prork/prhd_exe_igcc.htm]

You can also try searching for "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" in google or try searching in the posted messages.

I have the same problem from time to time, but i can install without problems. I suspect it's the sound card (creative SB128PCI). Try to disable bios caching (shadowing), usb, onboard sound, modem, raid controlers..., than remove any sound, modem... cards. If you still get the BSOD try just the motherboard + processor + ram + hdd. If you still get the roblem change the MoBo. (yeah btw also try the latest bios). Good luck! I don't know but up[censored] dribers didn't help for me. You can also try sp1

Voodoo 4Ever

Hello im almost sure that your problem is the memory, i got the same problem ( 2 different memmory chips )

Don't ya all get it. There isn't just one simple solution to this problems. If it solves the problem for you it doesn't mean that it will solve every problem with this error. As I posted before it can be anyhing form drivers and configuration conflicts to real faulty hardware. It can also be onboard hardware like onboard audio or onboard usb...

You can try everything, but start with the easyest to do. Turn of settings in bios, than unplug hardware, than start pulling out your cards, I guess the next logical step would be changing the mobo, the processor and the ram, but when processor and ram are faulty you usually get different errors because neither of them use irq's. You can also check this out about bsod http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treevie...echrep/bsod.asp

Well personally I think it's a good idea that people post what fixed their problems to the above error messages.

Why not try the things other people have experienced first before attempting the "remove everything" method which obviously requires a lot more messing about?

Oh and I'll throw my vote at NVidia drivers too, remove old ones first, for some reason NVidia just don't seem to be able to release drivers that happily install over older ones.

OMG I can almost see it.....the bsod, it was caused by just one thing laugh

Now if someone could help me and find out what that one thing is..

If it is your display driver (and u got an nividia card),. or Nividia, it will usually have like

nvdis4_dll or something like that on the B.S.O.D

yes, this cane have MANY thing which cause it, but is it good to provide what worked for diff, people as often people have the same problems.

NO harm in people suggesting things, this is what the forum is for and how i have solved %90 of my problems, by trying what other people have and it works.