Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tom-boy

Episode 1:Racer joystick problem

Would someone know why my throttle (trigger 1) sort of freezed all of a sudden when playing the Racer? The trigger itself is technically OK with all the other games, but yesterday when I played, it had magically become frozen, i.e the racer won't slow down even when I release the trigger. Nothing has been changed in the comp between the sessions. I'm running the game in Win2kPro, which isn't supported, but not even the QFixApp could help me on this one ( on the default settings minus Emulate Joystick). Lucasarts hasn't replied for my two on-line support requests laugh

Not sure exactly where that game saves it's settings, but I'd either delete (or move) the config file, and rebind the joystick settings... Best way to determine which file is the config is to view all file details in explorer, sort by date.

Good luck getting it to run without the screen-goes-all-one-color-except-for-HUD bug. If you can play the game without said bug for over a week, please reply and let us know. I haven't tried to get it running since SP3/2K or SP1/XP or ACT 2.5, maybe one of those help eliminate the problem.

Too bad LucasArts couldn't bother to make a simple patch to fix this bug. icon13.gif

Here's what I did find out about the game though.

Screen goes all weird, huh? I have never seen that happen; only prolems so far is the stupid throttle button issue and the fact that sometimes I have to play a previous, finished race to unlock the next one.

I completely agree with ConQuesco that it's practically unacceptable for Lucasarts not to release a fix for the Racer and for the other games as well. I mean, they rushed all the Ep1 games out to the market unfinished and haven't done nothing to finish them properly. Also, if you think X-wing or TIE Figther, how much work would it take to make them run properly in Win2k or XP, without ACTs and with 3d acceleration. I asked twice help from LA for the Racer problem, without getting even a frigging 'We're sorry' type of answer. Bad publicity,LA, bad publicity.

Quote:
...only prolems so far is the stupid throttle button issue...
Check out my FAQ and look for the stuck keys/mouse delay FAQ, this might work.

i am running win 2k pro on my pc and ramdomly during a race, the screen goes white exept for the hud, how can i fix this problem?

my graphic card is up to date, i downloded the XP patch off of lucas arts website and it fixed the problem. although the patch is for XP it works on 2000 pro