Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
keglevich

NT4 not updating Connections

My NT4 Server (with the last updates and srp 6a)is denying access to shared folder with the message of exceding Connection limit. The problem is that I have licence for 10 connections (stations) but usually I have only 4 stations connected!!! On the other side, my application which uses midleware IBX to query my Database in INTERBASE is working normally (it doesn't require path mapping from the server).

It seems that the NT4 isn't up[censored] the connections when an station logoff. I need to restart the NT4 Server in order that the stations can access again the shared folders in the server. After 2 or 3 days of working the problem of exceding Connection limit rises again and I need to restart the server. I have stations with Windows XP, Windows 98 and Windows 2000 Prof in a TCP/IP-NETBEUI network in a speed of 100/10. I'm not using DHCP and IIS. For proxy and firewall I'm using 602 LAN SUITE.

Does anyone knows what the problem? and the sollution for that? How can I provoque a dropping of a connection in the NT4 Server?