Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Guvernment

Best 3rd party back up software for a small buisness ?

Hey all

Backing things up has become something i will begin doing here @ our work.

I tried the windows back up system, but, it just don't run or work.. and i would like something a little more "powerful"

Was curious what suggstions you may have, something for a small sized buisness, that can back up maybe, 3 or 4 -= possibly 6 computers a day automatically to a main server or even backup, then automatically burn the information to a medium...?

My favorite backup program is Veritas "Backup Exec", check if it fits your needs and budget.

I've used Arcserve/BrightStor, Veritas Backup Exec, and the little guy NTBACKUP (the one that comes with NT/2K/XP). Veritas is awesome when it comes to overall network backup, and I like using NTBACKUP for Exchange server backups. I hate BrightStor, but it's currently what I have at my main job. frown It doesn't seem to like Terminal Services very well, and remote management through consoles installed on admin workstations is sketchy at best.

You can't go wrong with Veritas (the NTBackup is actually a stripped down Backup Exec). Go with Backup Exec.

Quote:
You can't go wrong with Veritas (the NTBackup is actually a stripped down Backup Exec). Go with Backup Exec.

i tried the built in backup in Xp, got it set up to run at a certain time everyday, and back the files up to a network drive (which is always availible)

but it doesn't do anything... nadda.. no back up.

i even set it to a time, sat there when it was supposed to run, and it didn't do anything........? was i missing something..

i will check out veritas.

Did you check the log? Do you have the proper logon credentials?

logs nope, and yes, i am the admin, only account on the computer

shall check out the logs... wherever they are? laugh

No, not your credentials, but that of the backup you are configuring. It has to run under a set of credentials as well. I would suggest reading over the help file to get up to speed on it.