Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marktait

Audigy to Six Channel AMP?

Hi guyz,

Does anyone know which phono wire goes into the subwoofer input and which goes to the centre input on an amp? would it be the red or the white that goes into the sub channel on the amp :x . This is from my audigy soundcard to the six channel in on my sony amp.

Thanx guyz

You should probably either use the optical connection or the coax, provided your reciever supports those inputs. That would provide the best signal.

i didnt get an audigy platinum i got the standard player so i cant use optical and theres no optical on my amp anyway. Any ideas which it wud be for the centre and which for the sub?

Off hand, no, but I believe there was a seperate output on the audigy for the front and the rear, perhaps the rear connection will provide the center/sub channels? I have an audigy in my other machine, I'll boot that one up and take a look.

OK.. just checked the help file, and when used in analog mode, the digital/analog output (the port furthest from the firewire connection) will output the center/sub channels. In digital mode, the same port offers front SPDIF, rear SPDIF, and center/sub SPDIF. Note that this port utilizes a 4 pole mini-jack plug. If you have the audigy software installed, there's a good diagram of what I just typed in the help file. Contents->Hardware Information->Connectors and Pin Assignments->Analog/Digital Out

Yes the digital provides the centre/sub channels, i will have a mess about and see what happens and maybe il send an e-mail to creative and see what they say about it. Thanx guyz

I dont have optical out on my audigy and i dont have optical in on my amp, so even having optical out would be know good as my amp doesnt have those connections.

I have the same setup with my Audigy and an aiwa stereo system. In terms of the left and right setup going from the SPDIF/Digital out on the Audigy to the Sub-in and Center-in on the amp, I dont think it matters... Because I tihnk both are a center channel or it is just mono and the sub-input on the AMP only plays the lows on the sub anyway. At least thats how it works on mine.

Just thought I'd chime in I hope it helps.

Hellbringer that was exactly the answer i was looking for laugh , Thanx man. As for your specs, i think u shud put that on a link :x

Thx I'm glad I could help out.

the sig... lol it is a bit big isn't it? hehe sorry guys... i'll take care of it here soon.

There... that sig better?

Edit: I just realized my server aint working... lol oh well I'll fix it later I'm too lazy right now.

I was wondering... what type of stuff is in ACTUAL 5.1 surround sound beside DVDs? Because my MP3s play on the front and the rear channels but never the front. Is there anything else that has 5.1 surround? I have it but can't enjoy it. smile

Regular audio CDs dont have it either as far as I can tell. What's the point of having a 5.1 surround system when very little is in 5.1 surround. I mean might as well get 2 extra speakers and run it off of the front channels... That is pretty much what is happening now I think.

Any ideas?

um what hellbringer?

your question makes little or no sense. i think you got a typo here. please clarify

"Because my MP3s play on the front and the rear channels but never the front"?

if you are using the analog out, properly configured to be for 5.1 audio in the audigy / live setup, almost all games (again properly configured in the game) will play in 5.1.

i believe if you set your Windows speaker set up to 5.1, mp3's will play in at least the front and back. i know mine do.

also there are probably various enviroment setting on your 5.1 reciever to output a stereo input into a psuedo 5.1 output, depends on your reciever tho.

your MP3's should be coming out the front speakers at the very least tho, if they come out the rear only then you have a wiring issue, probably got the front and back mixed up.

I wasnt aware that the center/sub output were the same, i thought it had a built in crossover... but i never really looked into i just assumed.

i am gonna check that out when i get home from work.

the digital 5.1 spdif only outputs stereo for games/mp3's and 5.1 for 5.1 encoded dolby digital dvd's.

the nforce is the only audio solution that will digitally output games, music etc, into a dolby digital 5.1 stream. remember the audigy cannot encode dolby 5.1. wich is why an analog output to a home receiver is necassary to play games in 5.1 on that receiver.

hope this helps.

Hi tweaked,

Sorry about the terrible english I was in a hurry and didn't really pay any attention to what I was typing... lol oh well.

But this is the situation.

I have Windows Multimedia settings for audio output of 5.1, the Audigy software is also set for 5.1 output. This is all being done analouge.

My speakers (aiwa 5.1 surround sound system) has 5.1 inputs on the back. (6 total inputs for front left and right, rear left and right, center, and sub). All the wiring is correct.

My MP3s are playing in the rear and front channels. However the center and sub do not appear to be working for MP3s. But in surround sound games the center does work and so does the sub. Is this normal?

Apparently (I browsed Creative.coms FAQ) and MP3s are only processed in those channels and if you want the full 5.1 you need to use the Creative Player software and enable something like CMSS or something... that simulates the 5.1. I do not really care for the Creative program so does anyone know of any other mp3 players that can do this? I don't think Winamp can because I looked through 2.xx and 3.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know what was going on this way so you can understand it. smile But maybe I should not be worried and I am just a picky bastard. wink

Thanks for the help...

Hellbringer said:

"My MP3s are playing in the rear and front channels. However the center and sub do not appear to be working for MP3s. But in surround sound games the center does work and so does the sub. Is this normal?"

absolutely normal, that is exactly what mine does as well. it up converts stereo into 4 channel (dual stereo), but you have to have the creative software (crapware) to do the 5.1 in software.

great... lol

Now I think Winamp needs to have software build-in that will simulate 5.1 surround. Because I'm not getting any bass, and I had to use a splitter on the front channel to use for my sub. And the center is useless....

Oh well maybe I'll use the Creative crap. wink

Thanks.

i am pretty sure there is a winamp plug in for 5.1 actually...

i used to DJ with winamp, and there were plug ins for everything else.

be worth looking into.

Don't know why i didnt think about that before. :x