Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Ok best anti-virus for WinXP?

I dont want something that is bulky or a resources hog and it needs to detect the virus before the damn email is in my inbox. Thx

PS Anyway to get NAV corp 7.6 to work with Outlook Express 6 as far as scanning emails and their attachments while they are being downloaded?

ok, if you want a really good protection, try out the NAV corporate edition, it rulzz man, but then we got the problem of the compatibility, actually 2day i've just uninstlled it...and i'm back with my NAV 2002, functional and protect as good as other one, even it ain't the same

Nav 2003 is the best protection Ive seen, even scans messenger

But it takes hella CPU time for some reason

ok I love Panda Titanium but how do get OE 6 to stop encryptinbg attachments so antivirus cant read them unless you forward the email? or do I have to download outlook? There has to be a way to change this annoying feature in OE6

NAV 2002 because, well you cannot buy Nav Corporate Edition for home use, and as it uses the same engine and virus definitions is every bit as good.

I have been in contact with them for AV at our workplace.

They are a very professional UK solely AV Company. Usually first out with AV Def's, and their Enterprise Manager is totally autmated.

I have a trial of their software, and will let u know how I go on. Oh, and we would be licensed at home to use it too.

laugh

EZ Antivirus is the best and cheapest way to get great protection.

www.my-etrust.com

I have been using it for over one year. They just launched a new version that has 2/3 of the program running as services. The definition frequency is high....sometimes they release more than one update in a day. They have definitions come out every week, and the support has been excellent.

They charge $20 for the first year and $10 for each subsequent year. Unlike other AV Programs, you get new software upgrades with your subscription as well as the regular definition files. Therefore to equal the price of one year of the most popular retail product at $50, you would have to use EZ Antivirus for 4 years.

Regards,

javajeff

I use NAV Coporate 7.51 on my 2K and XP boxes. All you have to do is replace the sevinst to the new one and it works fine in XP.

the best antivirus for me is norton corporate edition v.8.0.try it and then you will found the best anv program.

win xp eng with sp1.

amd xp2g greece.

Quote:
the best antivirus for me is norton corporate edition v.8.0.try it and then you will found the best anv program.

win xp eng with sp1.
amd xp2g greece.

buy it for me and i would love to try it
7.6 works fine for now

You could use MMC to define email attachement execution restrictions, in addition to antivirus control

ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\help\SAFERconcepts.chm::/SRP_check_k.htm

It is in some way superior to antivirus program, IMHO. smile

Sorry, don't believe those results.

Norton has been tested again and again and in many tests picks up virus that other scanners do not.

I shall continue to harp on about Norton/Symantec anti-virus until the day either my home systems or my work network get infected with a virus due to the software not picking it up - then I'd be able to say how bad it is.

However as my home systems have never been infected and my work network has been clean since the deployment of Symantec AV 7.5 I think I shall continue to recommend it to all.

Well, it's your money pal ... norton has been tested again and again by people it pays to "boost" its results ... and they do it just for people like you ... pardon my will to help you make a better selection. But lemme say something, believe it or not, i am a serious tester and that much i can prove, to either you or symantec ... if they ever dare to :-P

As for you not having being infected yet, consider yourself lucky ... so far shocked

Quote:
Sorry, don't believe those results.
Norton has been tested again and again and in many tests picks up virus that other scanners do not.

I shall continue to harp on about Norton/Symantec anti-virus until the day either my home systems or my work network get infected with a virus due to the software not picking it up - then I'd be able to say how bad it is.

However as my home systems have never been infected and my work network has been clean since the deployment of Symantec AV 7.5 I think I shall continue to recommend it to all.

I am making a new antivirus test at the moment, the results of which you will be able to read in about 2 months.

As for Norton, don't forget that for the blind, the one-eye man sees more ...

I'm looking forward to your report, VirusP. Based upon your experience and your opinion, what would you recommend currently? How do you think your recommendation will fare in your testing?

[Edit]

I would recommend, depending on how extensive your testing is, that you have 2 different classes per-say; One for 'home' and one for 'corporations'.

[/Edit]