Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kranthi

W2000 compatible PIONEER DVD Driver

Can you please suggest me where I can find a

W2000 compatible PIONEER DVD Driver online.

Currently I got PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-303 SCSI CdRom Device Driver

and I changed from Windows NT to W2000 , So it is not working now.

Any kind of suggestion are accepted.

Thank you

kranthi. ;(

Define "not working".

I used to own one of those drives and had no problems with it under Windows 2000.

Two things to check:

Is your SCSI controller correctly installed and Win2k compatible?

Have you got the latest Firmware for this drive? Win2k is very Firmware picky, I know of HP CD-RW's that simply could not be seen under Win2k until we had updated the Firmware and then it just appeared.

Hi Blade,

Thankyou very much for your reply, but my problem is not yet solved.

right after inserting the CD into the DVD drive , I am getting a error message like..

"While setting up DVD-Video playback, it was found that * Subpicture will not be available during playback"

and while opening a file in Realplayer , I am getting a error like

"Real Player needs to download new software to play this chip"

what I have to do now,I will be waiting for your reply

Kranthi.

Hi,

Are you having problems with any CD or DVD you are attempting to run from this drive?

If you are then it is possible that the drive is simply faulty, not reading CD's back correctly.

Personally on the one drive I saw similar problems where nearly every single CD I tried failed to read properly I just ran a normal CD cleaning disc through the drive (Yer I know a lot of people tell you not to do that on computer CD/DVD ROM drives, but it worked for me).

Now the error message "Real Player needs to download new software to play this chip" could simply be that you need the latest Real Media codecs and I've got a feeling the only way you can get the latest is to install the god-awful Real 1 player from www.real.com

I say god-awful because if pops up with update notifications and the like every time you use it - I hate it to death.

However if the clip you are attempting to play is a relatively new clip then you may need the very latest codecs.

Have you installed any version of "Real Player" under your Win2k installation?

The error message While setting up DVD-Video playback, it was found that * Subpicture will not be available during playback

Well once again it sounds more and more like a codec issue, what program are you using to play back your DVD's?

Have you checked that the version of the DVD player software you are using is fully Win2k compatible and that you don't need to download a patch or update?

When you moved from WinNT to Win2k was this a clean install that you did or did you simply upgrade your current installation?