Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aragorn

IE6 sp1 picture bug

Since I installed the SP1 for IE6, I have a new wierd bug. I dunno exactly what create it but sometime I can't see pictures from web-site anymore. (maybe only pictures cached). To debug, need to stop iexplorer.exe in the task manager (or explorer.exe if it's the executable used).

Well I found a page wich create me the bug all the time. You can test it. Maybe a part of code source of this page create the problem.

http://www.3dvf.com/artistes/galerie/img_artist.php?page=19

You wont able to see the last pics, now try another web site, you will get the same problem evrywhere. It seem I'm not the only one with such problem. So you can test that too. Enjoy smile

Aragorn

8)

It's not an SP1 thing, because I went there with plain IE6 (on Win2k SP3), and sure enough, all ability to look at pictures disappeared! Even the Help->About window was missing pictures.

I looked at the source code of that page, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary. Maybe it's something weird in one of those pictures, that may be hanging up IE's image decoding?

That is rather odd, since Galeon runs through the site just fine on my Linux box. Maybe IE is getting hung on the names of the files being pulled down, but that's a wild shot in the dark there. If you do happen to see the site, check out "thecat" on page 25, and see if you can remember what game that was ripped from...

I'm running Win2k w/sp3 & IE6 SP1

I went to the site, and everything worked fine for me...

I loaded up about three of thier pages.

I'm running Win2K with IE5 and the last 5 pictures won't load on that page so I guess it isnt a IE6 thing.

I'd be inclined to agree with the original post and say that this has something to do with the service packs.

I didn't have a problem with that site but I have been having some picture problems since installing SP1 on my computers. It seems that when I get to a page with several graphic files on it then quite a few of the pictures won't load. Clicking refresh helps but sometimes this has to be done several times.

I know that this is related to SP1 because I waited a week between installing on my PC and putting it on my Laptop in case there were any major bugs. During that time pages that would need a refresh to see all the pics on my PC would come in fine on my Laptop. Now I'm getting the same problem on the Laptop since I installed SP1.

If anyone has any suggestions then they'd be appreiated by me too.

Blue