Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PaTiNsAnE

again with the sound trouble...

anyway, I bought a santa cruz 5.1 channel surround sound card (heard it was good) but I got a prob. Seems my card doesnt wanna use a dma, so im stuck with a system hang everytime a sound is played, no matter what...start-up sound....mp3.....wav....logging on/offline.....aim....cs.....everything frown

I need to know how to manually make my card use an empty dma slot so i can enjoy its wonderful sound with having my fkn mouse skip round and shit....

thanks smile

There was another thread where a user had some problems with a santa cruz... After doing a bit of research, I found out that it seems to have compatibility issues with certian chipsets. Make sure you have the lastest OS drivers for the sound card, and the latest bios for your board. Next, I'd check your motherboard manufacturer's site, to see if other owners of your board have similar problems. Good Luck.

well, dude, got all the new drivers for everything....still no luck....isnt there like a manual way to force the card to use an empty DMA slot?...I dont care if its long and tedious to do....its worth it