Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lotus

What is the best method to speed up a network? (Config Wise)

Are there some settings that can be changed to allow information to be sent/received more quickly. Anything would be appreciated. I was told there are some MTU settings that would make a difference.

We use TCP/IP and have 5 systems running Win95 for a certain DOS app, 3 systems running Win2K Pro, and one running .. ugh .. WinME.

We also have broadband ADSL.

I am familiar with the registry and have no issues changing stuff manually.

Thanks!

Kill the users! smile Hey it's a change in configuration. The network latency improves, your in jail, and your boss he doesn't even care anymore. :x

Quote:

Heh... LOL!

(Yea, that's a solution alright!)

Ok then... ChristianB (b for bale as in the actor who played in "American Psycho" lol... we'll call your solution "the going postal" technique!)

* NO sharp objects for Christianb today... everyone agree? lol... just bustin' on you man...

smile

APK

Hey sounds good. I could even make my own company offering creative solutions to real problems laugh . It could be called Postal Networking Services. laugh

Just adding a domain controller will not help network performance laugh ...It's what you assign that domain controller to do that will speed up your performance. Such as making it a WINS server, which would definately speed up things for you ten fold....ecspecially with all them 9X clients 8) you have....

Where can I get info on setting up a wins server? 10 fold sounds like a nice speed increase wink