Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Daous

Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit 1.5- Where?

Anyone know where I can download this?

The link at the microsoft site does NOT work.

Here's the link for good measure: http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/defa...ompositedoc.xml

After Agreeing, you end up with a error page =(

Also, the new version (2.6) doesn't seem to work in Win2k with SP3 installed (I get an error about not being able to load a database).

Well,try searching it with Google: QFixApp 1.5 downloads smile . I ended up directly to www.msdn.com/downloads/ ... I would have put you a hyperlink here but my Explorer has been acting weirdly lately and among other things gives you totally screwball hyperlinks, so this is the best I can do.

As for 2.6, I would like to know myself, since I installed the earlier version 2.5 with SP2 in Win2kPro it didn't work. Can't remeber exactly what it was, but I had to resort to 1.5. Is the QFixApp 2.6 any better than 1.5? I wish someone could help us out on this one.

Sorry I can't be any more helpful.

Quote:
Well,try searching it with Google: QFixApp 1.5 downloads

It ends up with the same link that I mentioned before- when trying to download act15.exe, it comes up with a 404 error at the msdn site.

I was wondering if anyone knows a working site where I can download act15.exe...

Erm, sorry mate. frown Of course, I should've checked whether the address works or not. More bad news- I've tried to check everywhere for the ACT 1.5, including 'unofficial' sites , but no luck. the closest thing was 2.0.

I have the 1.5 myself, but I don't have the installation program, which I also would need, since I'm buying a new comp shortly. Too bad. I'll keep on looking and let you know if I find it,OK?

Quote:
here is a page that has the 2.6 DL enjoy smile

Firstly, you didn't post the link laugh

Secondly, Read my first post above..

As I stated before, ACT26.exe doesn't work for me on Win2k (with SP3 installed).

What I am looking for is a working download of ACT15.exe.

<sigh>

If someone can put it up on a temp ftp, that'd be great too =)
(Just pm me with the details)

I am also looking for ACT15.exe. I had it but I forgot to include it in my backups for some unknown reason.

I did find ACT 1.1. Is this any good or should I only get ACT 1.5?