Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

Trillian Pro, anyone using it?? Likes and Dislikes??

I got my hands on a beta of this a while back and now that the final is here i was wondering if anyone was using it and what they thought of it. I like the program very much it is a nice improvement on trillian, some of the plugins are useless, but others are very nice. I like the weather plugin very much. It elminiated the need for another program on my computer (weatherbug), all the regular trillian features are there as well. So I give the program 4/5 stars.

Do you think it's worth paying for, over the free 0.74 release? What are the differences in the pro version that you think are worthwhile?

I donated $10 a while back, and then I got this invitation out of the blue to get this new version. It seems pretty nice, but I have never really been a power user of IM clients so I don't think that I am "tapping" its potential just yet.

I just got my hands on this yesterday and so far i'm loving it. Some nice features over Trillian free, and awesome visual improvements (never thought Trillian could be visually enhanced so much) over Trillain free as well. The plugins are awesome, and I would reocmmend to anyone who is currently using Trillian 0.x to upgrade to 1.0. It's totally worth the $25, no questions asked.

Let's see: The ICQ part of .74 sucks ass (doesn't load and save contact lists to the ICQ servers) and they want to make you pay for the new version. Meanwhile, seperate clients for all of the services it supports remain free (and in the case of AIM, more relaible). I know which way I'm going.

Cerulean: thefinger.gif

i will stick to using my ICQ and MSN sepratly, hav a little more trust in them, then giving a 3rd party my login information so they can provide me with their services smile

the reason that AIM, and ICQ and MSN don't charge is because they are operated by conglomerates such as AOL and M$. ICQ was starting to go under but instead of charging for it AOL bought the company out.

The reason it can't save contact lists to the server is because they don't own the servers that store contact lists, so its really a non-issue.

I dont know what your talking about with AIM connectivity, ever since i started using 1.0 beta 1 or .73 for that matter no more AIM problems.

The program does everything i need and more so i like it. One of the best.

Quote:
The reason it can't save contact lists to the server is because they don't own the servers that store contact lists, so its really a non-issue.

I'd believe that if TRILLIAN DIDN'T SUPPORT SERVER SIDE CONTACT LISTS FOR EACH ONE OF THE OTHER THREE IM SERVICES IT SUPPORTS!!!!

So what 3rd party IM client have you seen that supports server-side saving of buddy lists to MSN and Yahoo? I'm interested to know who can...