Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jelindblom

MSHearts on NT4

I once worked at a place that had lunch-time Hearts tounaments where we played over a LAN. There were NT machines as well as W98 & W95 machines all playing in the same tourament. I now work somewhere else where there are NT machines and W98 machines...but I cannot get MSHearts to run on the NT machines. Is there a special version of MSHearts.exe that will run on NT boxes?

Thanks, Jon

What's the error?

Doesn't the network version come with (don't make me say it) the latest ver of Windows 9x? (Aha! Didn't have to say it! laugh )

"This application is not supported by Microsoft Windows NT" and in the title bar it says "Can't run 16-bit windows program"

I've got MS Hearts in a ZIP file that worked fine on Win2000 for me, which should work for NT, if you would like I can email it to you, since you have selected to hide your email address, I will need you to post it here.

Thanks for sending the file...but it still doesn't work. I get the same error that it cannot run 16 bit Windows Program (in the title bar) and "This application is not supported by Microsoft Windows NT". The version (under properties) is "4.10.1998" if that helps. Also, I get the same error on an NT box with SP3 as well as a different NT box with SP6. Any other ideas?

If you have acc to WinME find mshearts.exe 119KB (122,240 bytes), cards.dll 145KB (148,528 bytes) then copy them to it own folder you know soemthing like Program Files\ Microsoft Games\Microsoft Hearts Network\

While on Microsoft's site, I found the following,

"Replace MSHEARTS.EXE with the version that came with Windows for Workgroups version 3.10 and the networking functionality of The Microsoft Hearts Network will return."

Does anyone have this version of MSHEARTS?

I may be able to extract those from my old Windows for Workgroups 3.1 disk set, I'll report back.

I'd be happy to. Post your email here please, so I can send it. Your NT Compatible profile will only send an email via their system.

I have the same problem on a XP-machine. We would like to play it on a network, but this feature isn't available any more. I extracted the MS-hearts and cards.dll from win98 cab-files en then coppied them over those of XP. As soon as I trie to execute hearts, windows replaces the 98 files with the original files ! no network gaming available !

any one ?

Would it be possible for me to get a copy of the Win 3.1 mshearts file? My email address is jeff.choate@orst.edu. Thanks...in advance!

Man I didn't think this thing would be so popular, I'll extract them again and send it to both of you. Sorry if it took to long, but I stopped watching this thread.

Thanks much! FYI, mshearts.exe from Windows XP works in Windows 2000 as well.

Can someone send me a copy of MSHearts that works over the network in W2K?

Thanks!