Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Four and Twenty

this one goes out to all of you running .NET server

Windows XP SP1 showed up on the windows update site for .NET

WTF should .NET need this?

I am not exactly interested in installing it if it iz gonna hose my system or something.

Also is WMP 9 cooler than 8?

I am thinking i will just install this new sh1t and if it fuks I'll jsut reinstall .NET

9 is better than 8 and it looks like MS may stick to releasing it for 9x/2000. Dunno about NT4 tho. Still if it works on 9x/2000/XP it should work fine on NT4. wink

Four and Twenty, I was going to suggest waiting for RC2, but I guess it doesn't matter much at this point. BTW, have you (Or anyone else, for that matter) seen a estimated release schedule for .Net RC2? As far as WMP9 is concerned, I was totally against DRM, but I understand why it is necessary. I am in the minority, I believe, because I actually own all the cds that I have in MP3 format. I never use the cds, so hopefully I am not violating too many clauses of the copyright/fair use laws. I can easily forsee having to re-encode all my MP3's into DRM-equipped WMA's though. Oh well.... Sorry for the rant!

WMP9 Issues... Only thing that I've noticed is during playback of video encoded with DivX, the scroller bar does not correctly function, and the length of the video is also reported incorrectly... For example, a video that's 2 hours long could easily show up as 10 hours long in WMP9... hopefully that will get fixed. I'd also like to see Ogg support, but I HIGHLY doubt that.. smile

Running 2k as my primary system, I was able to uninstall WMP9 without any major problems. Be warned, however, that it will revert to WMP 6.4, so you may want to download WMP 7.1 again. I believe there are different uninstall directions for XP, but they are on the 'Release Notes' link which should be near the download link.

i'll have to second you on the scrollbar thing...very annoying. wmp9b is cool and all, but i still think it needs works, stick with wmp8, that is, if you don't mind reinstalling .NET sometime down the road.