Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ASiDiE

WMP 9 BETA - Problems.. anyone else?

I know it's beta.. but still.... Here is the deal.. I was trying to watch some p0rn (why can't you say p0rn spelled right?) last night and you know how you click on the file and the first part is crap? Well I wanted to fast forward using the scroll bar thing. When you move the slider it seems to work the first time but if you click to move it again... it just jumps back to the beginning and every time after that you try to fast forward with the slider... it just jumps back to the beginning. Totally sucks... Anyone else getting this?

ASiDiE

Its a feature the orginal encoder put inside the movie. You cant do anything about it. Look forward to this technology all over the place in the future.

First of all, how do you know I wasn't watching the p0rn with my girl... to spice things up a bit... ANYWAY. The point is... I know what you are talking about where there are some files that don't let you fast forward. I have seen thoes.. but they are rare. This is like doing it to every file I have.. and that were working in WMP 8. BTW... anyone know how to get back to wmp8? 9 is not in the add and remove programs.... frown

no its definetly a bug in WMP9 just tried it there with a movie I made, and you can only skip once the next time it goes to the beginning, Plus the Total Running time was way off, 345 hrs instead of the 90 minutes it should be :'(

Thank you.... you took the time to test it out.. and give me feed back.... all you other lazy A$$'s that are going to use the product should have done the same..... thanks for your hard work!

ASiDiE

Quote:
Thank you.... you took the time to test it out.. and give me feed back.... all you other lazy A$$'s that are going to use the product should have done the same..... thanks for your hard work!

ASiDiE

perhaps others did not want to install wmp 9 incase they could not get it out, mr.a$$.

with an attitude like that u should thnkaful any one will be willing to help you in the future.

No such problems with WMP9 under Win2k. Tried with several different video files.

Quote:
Quote:

ASiDiE

perhaps others did not want to install wmp 9 incase they could not get it out, mr.a$$.

with an attitude like that u should thnkaful any one will be willing to help you in the future.

Right on
I am a beta tester but i will not test apps like wmp9 or dx because of how bad they can/will fuk your system. I don't have any computers that are unimportant enought for this type of testing.

Also to ASiDiE forget teh attitude it is not very charming and no one even really provoked you to get all pissy

Yeah man, it's a beta, it's to be expected. Don't be an @ss. Don't watch pron either.

Whats the big deal about p0rn? at least it wasn't gay p0rn... then you guys should be worried!

ASiDiE

yea i like [censored]

i mean real girls are the shit and they are all over the place for a drunken 21 year old stoner like me

but [censored] is great for entertainment

It's not a bug, it's something wrong with your video file. Something must be wrong with keyframes of indexes... try to open this video with VirtualDUB (http://www.virtualdub.org/) and fix it...

iks.... it has to be some sort of bug.... it happends on every file I try... also they are know good files from when I had WMP 8. The reason why I posted this in the first place because I wouldn't think micorsoft would be able to put out a beta... with this big of BUG in the program... so I thought it was a fluke or something... that is why I posted this thread in the first place.... any more thoughs? How about...is anyone NOT getting this? when you try to fast forward using the scrollbar at the bottem it works the first time.... But if you click on it the second time... the file starts over.

Thoughts?

most divx works fine

some movies will jump back to the begining on second attemp to move the sllider.

I only found 2 in about 40 that exibited the bug.

WMP9 looks cooler

doesn't really do anything special though

anyone know why WMP9 can't seem to get the lenght of the video's right? for like a 5 min vid it says its 35 min long......

THOUGHTS

I use WMP9 mainly for audio and it's sweet. WMP toolbar can be sluggish on my system but other than that, it's sweet.

P.S. My DivX files appaear the correct length

Quote:
I wouldn't think micorsoft would be able to put out a beta... with this big of BUG in the program... so I thought it was a fluke or something...

Mircrosoft release software for retail sale with even bigger bugs so its hardly surprising... wink

I've started to notice the issues myself too, both the incorrect length (a 26 minute file starts off with the the correct length but for no apparent reason has 1 hour and 11 minutes added to it) and the slider issues.