Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tylau

Speed up Luna, what available?

Well, after XP installation I found that my Geforce 2 is perform badly in the new Luna interface, try some tweakings, stll not much improvement, I have turn off some animations and even try tweaking it to max performance setting, the 2D desktop still isnt up to the level of w9X/2k kind of speed. I really dont want to turn off Luna, and wonder of any acceleration is available now?

Thank you. :x

The speed of Luna has never really bothered me and I have all the visual effects activated on a PCI Diamond Viper V550 (nVidia Riva TNT chipset). I have found however that different drivers will accelerate the GUI to different extents. For instance, among other problems, the 21.81 (or was it 21.85? I never can remember...) were a real dog with repsect to GUI acceleration. Currently I'm using 30.82 under .NET Server (again with all the Luna stuff turned on. It took me a while to figure out how considering its not activated by default but I managed it in the end) and their pretty decent.

(Oh, and DosFreak: All MS software is effectively beta or RC quality ;))

It ought to be the task of the display card, I am downloading the SP1 anyway, shouldnt agree more on its RTM status wink why take it so large to patch some software wink May be its time to upgrade my CPU wink

laugh

Hmmm......I have ever met girly that do make-up by using their brain power. Pretty is good but as long as it is not performance hindered, and not hindered by unncessities, IMO. laugh