Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jean-Marc van der Kolk

Problem with Intel Pro/100+ Management adapter

I have trouble with my onboard ethernet card which is being detected as an Intel Pro/100+ management adapter (Win98 and WinNT4.0 detect this as well, and work fine). Win2000 reports to me that the cable is not connected.

The adaptor is integrated on a Tyan Thunder Bolt S1837 motherboard. Tyan mentions the adapter as "Intel 82559 10/100 Ethernet Onboard".

Anyone have positive experience with this adapter? Do I have to do anything special to get it to work?

Thanks.

Did you try changing the driver to the MS provided generic Intel driver - I think it's named Intel 8255x-based PCI Ethernet Adapter.

I'm using just a Intel Pro/100+ adapter - that has that same chipset and it seems to work. (That's not saying that it should work for you though... See my posts about the HP DeskJet 970Cse...)

Regards....

------------------

--

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

I tried this same adapter in a system running RC2 and was unable to get it working. The generic driver is for an 82557 based card, and the Management adapter is a 82559 based card. The NT driver did not work, either.

I am using the same MB with adapter and MS supplied driver, all works well. If u have any questions about setup, ask.

What version of Windows 2000 do you use? It may be a conflict with some other card I use. I have a Diamond Viper 550 video card and a Soundblaster 128 soundcard. The system is Dual PII 400. What kinds of extra hardware do you have?

What LAN-related BIOS settings do you have?