Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Admiral LSD

Direct3D in .NET Server

For some reason, Direct3D doesn't want to work for me under .NET Server even after I've set Hardware Acceleration to full in the Advanced Properties for my card (a PCI Riva TNT running Detonator 40.41). The only clue is this error code I get when I run the Direct3D test in DXDiag:

Quote:
Direct3D test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (error code)

It'll come good after a reboot and until I run something that uses Direct3D but after that, nothing. Anyone have any idea whats going an, or more importantly, how to fix it?

That seems to have fixed it... for now. How long it remains that way is anyones guess...

My 1024x768 refresh rate is still b0rked (how would I go about getting it back down to 60Hz?) though...

I thought that was only for DirectDraw...

Anyway I tried it and it didn't work, my 1024x768 Direct3D refresh rate (tested using FreeSpace 2, if that means anything) is still b0rked. Could have something to do with the fact that I'm logged in with an account that only has Power User privileges, I'll try again later as Administrator. Failing that, would a program like RivaTuner allow me to get my refresh rates back to 60Hz (before all you start shouting "THATS TOO LOW!!111!!" consider this 1) It's not for me and 2) why would I voluntarily want lower my refresh to 60Hz? The fact that I have a 7 year old POS monitor wouldn't have anything to do with it...) again?

I've finally fixed it. I used this tool here as recommended by someone at another board and it all came good. Direct3Ds still working after several reboots so I'm happy.

They have version 1.1 at Guru3D, but I don't know what the difference would be between them.