Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Avalanche

New Unknown Hardware

Hey there,

I haven't asked a question in a long time, but this one doesn't make any sense to me. I booted my computer today, and Windows 2000 said it found new hardware. I thought this was a bit strange, but I went through the wizard, but it couldn't identify what it had found.

Here's what makes no sense. I haven't changed anything, be it hardware or software for a very long time. Nothing, I mean nothing has changed, so I have no clue what this new hardware could be. There is nothing that is mysteriously missing from the Device Manager or anything.

What could this be? I'm stumped

I'm sorry I can't give you guys more info, but I don't think there is any more to give. Windows doesn't know what it is, so I can't get any real info about it.

Thanks, I hope somebody knows something about this.

I just reinstalled a bunch of drivers, for my video card, sound card, etc. Turns out it was a problem with my printer driver. No idea what happened to it, I haven't touched it in months.

But there you go. Sorry for taking up space in the forums.

Take the sound card and the CD-ROMs off your computer, then plug and install only the video card, and then install the others each of them after a restart. Hope it will work !

Sorry for the late answer, I posted as soon as I saw the topic.