Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EvilEyez

CD Changer under RC2

I have a Nakamitchi 5 disc cd changer. The drive works natively in NT/95/98, that is, i don't need to install any drivers outside of what the OS provided. Each disc is assigned a drive letter.

Under Win 2000 RC2, only the first disc is assigned a drive letter, all subsequent discs are not accessible. Any suggestions to get this to work? Its been my only hardware issue thus far. Thanks

I don't have my changer handy (it's in a machine back in England) - but have you tried . . .

Control Panel,

Admin Tools,

Computer Manager,

Storage,

Disk Managment

and assign drive letters there. It should show you all the devices. . .

I am running RC1 build 2072 and have the SCSI version of the Nakamichi 5 disc changer. W2K has assigned drive letters to all 5 discs. I hope this didn't get broke in RC2 otherwise I will have to stick to RC1.

Interesting, mine is the IDE version and I can vouch for it not working like it has in previous versions of Windows. I had already poked around in Disk Admin with no avail. Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll keep at it.

[This message has been edited by EvilEyez (edited 06 November 1999).]

I have the IDE Version, have tried both RC1 and RC2, but still not working. Server, Advanced Server and Professional used but no joy. It is listed in HCL of RC2 Server, but did not work. I might have to go back to NT or even Linux!