Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
mabuhay

How to find all static IP addresses in use

How can I find all static IP addresses in use on Windows NT server? We have several printers and PCs with static addresses, but they are not in the "Reservations" list, and do not show up in the "Active Leases" because they don't use DHCP. I want to be sure I don't assign the same static IP address to some new wireless units we just got, but, other than trial and error through pinging addresses, I'm not sure how to do it.

Thanks for any help.

Let´s say, you got 1000 computers, then you would youse ipconfig on all 1000. Good luck. when you are so stupid, then don´t say anything

Where did he say anything about 1000 PCs? He just wanted to know...

Quote:
How can I find all static IP addresses in use on Windows NT server?
and I gave a correct answer.

Quote:
Let´s say, you got 1000 computers, then you would youse ipconfig on all 1000. Good luck. when you are so stupid, then don´t say anything

I couldn't agree more, therefore I will ask you once not to bash other users. A simple batch deployment could ask each machine to pipe the output to a file and then upload those files to a given target if needed.

Quote:

nice first post, DICK!

Quote:
Where did he say anything about 1000 PCs? He just wanted to know...
We have several printers and PCs with static addresses

Easily missed, especially as the first sentence was a little misleading, but there you go smile

I read a section in the book "Hacking Exposed 2nd".

They mentioned something about "Ping Sweep" which is a part of tools for finger-printing.

Whatever your intention is, the pingsweep is a very good tool to see which IP address(es) is (are) alive (being used).

Another way is to write a script, based on your subnet masking -- and tries to ping *every* IP address in your calculated subnet.

Another method is -- if you happened 2 be the sys-admin of the DHCP server... )

Quote:
A simple batch deployment could ask each machine to pipe the output to a file and then upload those files to a given target if needed.

Hi clutch,
How does that work? I'm interested. thanks

I would have to dig up this Excel spreadsheet that I have that does it. If I find it again, I'll send it to you.