Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

This IS a "Revolution of the Mind"...

... & we'll all be eating meals consisting of food pills, & using personal rocket packs to get to work. laugh

Alec, please reduce the size of images you post [in terms of pixel dimensions, not filesize] - I'm using a screen res. of 1024x768 & as a result of the size of the pic you posted I had to constantly scroll from left to right to read the posts in this thread.

Dunno if any of you lot have seen Minority Report, id love 1 of those screens that you can move stuff around on using your hands laugh

That would totally "rock" laugh

and im at work on 1280x1024 and i still have the scroll bars frown

Also looking at those figures it seems like 3d is a bit pants as it loses to 2d on pretty much everything.

Would be pretty cool though to walk around quake stylee and shoot the program you want or something laugh

The novelty would soon wear off though frown

PS. isnt the new windows "longhorn"?!?!?!? going to be 3d in some way?

Yeah sorry i kept thinking of things to edit and didnt wanna double post frown

On another note i just ordered a TFT laugh

thin film transistor

but by that i mean a flat screen laugh

Quote:
Directed more to DosFreak & Alien -> "They laughed at Jules Verne too..." with a just a PINCH/HINT of the Rolling Stones' lyrics in my dish here ontop of that-> "Time... is on my side! Yes it is..." apk

Don't get me wrong, it's not that they couldn't do it, merely that I don't think ppl will want it, so it will probably fizzle & die.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, it's not that they couldn't do it, merely that I don't think ppl will want it, so it will probably fizzle & die.

No, I don't think it would. If Blackcomb really is a true 3D GUI (as the rumours suggest), then most home users would upgrade because "if it's new, and if it's Microsoft, it must be good!"

Can anyone say baaaaaaaa? laugh

AndyF

Interesting concept... I can't say it appeals to me though... Although I said the same thing about Luna and almost a year later you won't catch me even thinking about switching back to Windows Classic. If it ever becomes the standard Windows desktop, assuming I'm still using Windows by then, I'll probably approach it the same way I did Luna. That is, be determined to at least give the thing a go before dismissing it.

from what i "heard"

MS is looking to take the O/S form 2d , and make it more 3d interface - this is why people will begin to need better video cards (64mb or more)

as i said i just "heard"

any one else hear of this?

Quote:

From site:

Our study gave 12 tasks to 12 subjects using Microsoft Windows Explorer (a 2D interface) and the same 12 tasks to 12 other subjects using ClockWise Win3D (a 3D interface). For four tasks the 2D users had statistically significantly faster performance speeds than the 3D users. No significant differences were found for errors, subjective satisfaction or retention. We propose a predictive model based on clicks to complete tasks.

that test is totally irrelavant, unles u have 12 identical people.