Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

NAV autoupdate and XP Service pack 1078

Does anyone know if NAV 2002 Autoupdate works with any of the XP service packs I was just looking and saw it was disabled and i tried enabling it and it did not do anything.

Now I must admit I haven't currently got the latest XP SP.

I think I'm currently on build 1072?

Anyway, the SP I'm currently using has no problem at all with the automatic updates from Symantec - I wouldn't be online without it smile

Thc I know you are beta testing the WinXP SP, so if this is the case you've got to get this reported to MS as a bug ASAP.

1078 is supposed to be the last pre-RC release, ie what you've got now is more or less what we are going to get in the RC and then in gold.

They say themselves that this latest release was going to be RC but they just wanted to make sure no major new bugs have been introduced - sounds like they may well have introduced one.

Quote:
Does anyone know if NAV 2002 Autoupdate works with any of the XP service packs I was just looking and saw it was disabled and i tried enabling it and it did not do anything.

Hi, I'm using WinXP SP1 1078 and I have no problems with LiveUpdate... even on the 2003 Beta version wich is available right now. But, RealTime Scanning not allways is activated every time you restart Windows XP, you have to do it by yourself (in my case of course)

ASUS CUV4X-D (Dual Processor)
Dual P-III 800EB Intel Coppermine
Maxtor D740X 40GB U133
Maxtor D740X 60GB U133
ATI Radeon 8500 64M
SB Audigy Platinum eX
TEAC CDRW 40x12x40x
Samsung DVD 16x
Samsung SyncMaster 900iFT
Microsoft Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro
Cambridge SoundWorks FPS2000