Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hardtofin

Leadtek GF3-Ti500

hi guys,

my friend has just bought a gf3 ti500 made by leadtek. it is on a Gigabyte Ga-5Ax rev 4 board. on a k6-2 450mhz cpu. he has 320mb of ram.

i have installed the relevant ALI chipset drivers (an ide & agp driver) however after being booted for around 10 seconds. the computer restarts...every damn time. no screen dump or bsod.just restart.

has anyone got any idea why this could be?

there is also something that appears in device manager called WINFOX this is something to do with it.but im not sure what. i installed the newest version of this from the winfox website. but still no joy. any one get any ideas?

thanks guys 8)

Damn i hate that motherboard, my mum has the same one, and its had various problems with every AGP card ive ever put in it.

Try the Ali website, they have a utility to configure some AGP settings from windows.

I usually have to use that and set the AGP to "safe" mode in order for any reasonably new graphics card to work. frown

Also, possibly a lack of power, what watt psu does it have?

OMG! I hate that board too. It sucks with AGP cards (thanks to ALi). The only way I've seen to fix the AGP problem is to: A.)Not use an AGP card; or B.) upgrade the motherboard. Your friend will get a bit more umph out of that card if he gets himself updated to something a bit newer.

Cool smile Someone else who hates it, i thought i was the only 1 laugh

Just swapped my mums out for a via one (never thought id be swapping a board for a VIA one :D)

Seems much better now smile

laugh but maybe SiS and Via will be swapped around in the near future smile

Quote:
laugh but maybe SiS and Via will be swapped around in the near future smile

It has for me ever since the 645 chipset...

smile