Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Helshad

Nvidia 30:82/30:83 drivers

Well, I am not sure all get the same trouble I got.. but I would like to hear what happend when you installed it...

I had the earlier driver already installed and working very well indeed...

29:... something... It was the offical release anyway...

Then I downloaded the new driver, mentioned in the subjekt line, and installs it, what happends??? Well, it f...ks up the system totaly... ;(

It didnt crasch or anything... my card (Geforce 3 TI 200) just simply whent to basics and behaved like it was an old 2MB card... Coulnt get any good resolutions and when I checked the status of the card in system/hardware settings its simply said it didnt work... 8)

I made a rollback on the driver and restarted... did it work?? NO!! ;(

The new drivers, for some reason, messed up the old files too...

The only thing that worked was a total restore from my previous made restorepoint from the day before... that worked... smile

Now I dont want to install it again but I am thinking of reinstalling XP again and make use of the new drivers when I install it.... Maybe that will work better??? ;(

Anyone got the same experiance or similar??

/Helshad

Is the error message something like Code 10, device could not start.

I got that when I first got my GF4, then got rid of it again somehow, then it happened again when I installed Intel Application Accelerator :x

Only way I permanently fixed it was to turn off Windows Prefetch (I'm assuming you're talking about XP here!!) - don't have the registry settings to hand but a search of the forum should turn it up smile

I installed the new drivers last night on my XP Pro system - also have a Ti200 as it happens - and everything worked OK...did you upgrade over the old drivers, or did you uninstall the old ones beforehand?

The reason I mention this is that I've found it best to uninstall the previous set (thru Add/Remove Programs), reboot, then install the new drivers, rebooting once again after that.

If you havent already done this it might be worth a try...

How could I forget such a simple thing???

I have been using my system for so long without reinstalling it that I forgot the basics... Remove the old installation... hehehehe :x

Well, I will give it a go when I get home... I guess it will work then... I did exactly as you said... Installed over my old drivers... ;(

Thanx...

/Helshad

I did that too... I installed it over my old and restarted with strange vga result... then I tried again but no luck... My computer never recoverd.... ;(

Well... I hope the other way works.... wink