Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

ATi TV Wonder VE, TV is all garbled!!! Help please!

Hi there,

I got an ATi TV Wonder VE card. And when I try to open the TV program and watch TV, the TV is all garbled up. Horizontal lines at about a 5 degree tilt, going down to the left. All the color and stuff is all mixed up in it. I'd take a pic but I cant do a screen capture (all that shows is a black screen for the TV) or use my video camera to input video into my computer to take a pic (composite is scrambled too). I don't have a digicam... frown

I installed the latest version of ATi Multimedia Player program thing from their site (not the beta). And that didn't help either.

When I had my 2 monitor setup, with a Voodoo3, it worked fine on both screens. But now that I am down to one monitor, it does not work! I had to put my second monitor back on another machine.

Here is my sys specs if maybe someone thigs thats the problem. But remember, it was working earlier when I had my V3 setup too, so I think the problem is with ATi.

PowerMan 300 Watt PSU

Epox EP-8KTA3 with latest Via Chipset drivers installed.

AMD Duron 800MHz processor (not overclocked currently)

512MB PC-133 SDRAM

WD 40GB 7200 RPM

GeForce 2 MX w/32MB RAM

Sound Blaster Audigy

D-Link DFE-530+ TX

ATi TV Wonder VE

Well I don't know what the prob is. I think it's ATi's drivers and they just may have not worked out all the quarks with WinXP.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know. smile

Thanks!

I also have the same problem on Windows XP thats why I reverted to Windows 2000. However heres what ATI suggests on the problem.

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3940.html

There is a beta ATI Multimedia Center v7.6 in the ATI website.

http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/misc/mmc7-6b-tvwonder.html

I havent tried those yet but that might solve that problem. If try it out please give me feedback so I could make use of it also. smile

Hmm I couldn't find anything on their site... Apparently you did. I find their site difficult to navigate.

Thank you very much. I will give it a try and let you know.

smile Cheers

Here are two fixes that worked for me.

1.: Once you have started the TV app, temporarily switch the color depth (i.e. from 32-bit to 16-bit), then switch it back to the previous setting. TV should now appear unscrambled. You have to do this everytime you start TV.

2.: Install the Beta drivers/software (version 7.6) from ATI site. This should fix the problem permanently. It did for me.

just wanted to let all of you guys know that the software that comes with the tv wonder card is not good at all under windows xp even though it says it is in the manual.....i downloaded powerVCR from cyberlink.com and that software works excellent with my tv card try it out it might work well for allof you that are having problems as well.

Hello again,

Well I got the ATi V7.6 file and installed it. The first time I opend TV it was still scrambled and messed up. But after I closed it and opened it again it worked fine. From then on after I closed it, and opened it later, it worked fine. So I think that fixes it somewhat well.

And I have been trying a few third party programs. And that PowerVCR program works alright. I just don't like it very much but it does work.

Anyway that's just an update.

So it's working now! Thanks!

Cheers smile