Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hipshot

CoolerMaster DCD-4002

This is not really a problem, but do any one use this, is it good? Cause my disks get real hot like 42C and I need to cool them, and this seems like a good solution....

Quote:
This is not really a problem, but do any one use this, is it good? Cause my disks get real hot like 42C and I need to cool them, and this seems like a good solution....

From a practicality point of view, it depends on 2 things:
- how many hard drives you have
- how many spare 5.25" bays you have spare

For me, it wouldn't work because I have 4 hard drives and only 1 spare bay... 8)

The alternative would be to look at where your hard drives are mounted, and see if you can put a fan somewhere where it will blow cold air over the drives (some hard drive cages have a mount point for a fan), or you may be able to mod your case and put a fan behind the front face, or something like that.

APK, I love your enthusiasm, but HipShot was asking about hard drive cooling, not CPU cooling... Just out of interest though, with all those fans, how do you hear yourself think??? laugh

Just some thoughts, :x
AndyF

I'm looking for a way to cool down my harddrives too. I even thought i could stick an old PII slot one heatsink on my harddrive but it didn't fit in my bay. ;( so far i'm still looking for a good way of doing it. :x

my cpu and motherboard is ok!!!! i have it running cool! wink

This is what i'm talkin' about!!!! laugh nice!!!

are any of these guys available in Canada yet? wink