Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DosFreak

The: What Computer Part did you buy this week thread

Looks fine for me in IE6, Mozilla, Nutscrape 6, and Galeon at 1280x1024.

A friend gave me an HP scanner a couple of days ago!

Also received Icewind Dale 2, 2 512mb sticks of Corsair PC3200 memory, and a Toshiba DVDROM.

smile

I thought my computer stuff was kinda expensive, but my home theatre is proving to be way worse.

No lovin' for my computer this month laugh

i think i need one or 2 of those 15k scsi drives

i should talk to my invester after i do a little more on this website i am creating

it is a 3d automove aftermarket parts shop that ties over a million products to the site for instant purchase. I am psyched to do a 3d walk thru style site as opposed to the average 2d pages i have been doing.

well right now i am allreay enjoying the benifits of scsi raid and ide raid

also haveing disks for specific tasks. i have a 10k for my os scsi raid for my programs ide raid for DV etc. etc. i am just looking to speed up my os drive

I bought RH 7.3 Pro for work (just in time to hear about v8.0 coming out, oh well I'll get that too if it's worth it ;)). It's a pretty nice box set, and has quite a bit of documentation and a bunch of CDs.

If they made a desktop board like a P4T533=c with 66MHZ PCI slots I would go with SCSI, but otherwise its a waste of money.

Since I have no new computer parts worth mentioning I will tell you what I bought this month:

57" Sony Widescreen HDTV

Sony Progressive Scan DVD

Sony Reciever with Component Inputs, and Dolby Digital II

Already had the Sony speakers with SUB.

Got Digital cable, and Road Runner :P, with HDTV, and video on Demand.

XBOX with HDTV pack.

All hooked up with optical cables for audio and component HDTV cables as well.

Anyways thats why I don't have a new 2.53 GHZ CPU and 512 MB more of ram

I just bought myself a Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro (the one with the integrated USB hub). Next step: Reprogramming these keys at the top to do something useful laugh

I really like this new Blue MS mouse, And the multimedia keyboard is nice. I like MS keys on thier keyboards much better then Logitechs.

PLaying NFL Fever 2003 on the HDTV is something to see. I have shown my wife every Geforce card I have ever had, including all the great looking games, and she always comments "They all look the same to me"

SHe saw Fever 2003 in HDTV Widescreen, and she was passing by and said "WOW, thats looks really good"

IF there was just a way to hook my puter to it laugh

You mean you went to all the trouble of getting an expensive TV & didn't check to make sure it had a 15pin d-sub [or whatever it's called] connector on the back? laugh What about s-vhs?

Quote:
I just bought myself a Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro (the one with the integrated USB hub). Next step: Reprogramming these keys at the top to do something useful laugh

ms keyboards are great
i have the natural keyboard pro

THe multimedia ones just came out. I have the natural version, No USB ports tho.

As for the DVI connector, only ones that are flat screen LCD's have those connectors.

A bit pricey

Quote:
THe multimedia ones just came out. I have the natural version, No USB ports tho.

As for the DVI connector, only ones that are flat screen LCD's have those connectors.

A bit pricey

mine has 2 usb ports and 19 programmable hot keys

Quote:

Do you know how to make the Play/Pause, Stop, Prev Track and Next Track buttons control Winamp instead of WMP?

This is what I have:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...ce&n=507846

F&T's is basically the same except his has the retarded split key layout. MS don't actually make either of them any more so I can't give you a link to the MS site.

Its a great keyboard except for the fact that, as you'd expect from an MS product (even though they're manufactured, and probably designed as well, by Flextronics), the default assignments for the hotkeys only really works if you use MS software. Since I use neither IE or WMP I've been left with the need to reprogam a few of them.

Since Search and Favourites do nothing in Opera I've reprogrammed them to Lock the workstation and start the Task Manager respectively. Web/Home has been reassigned to specifically launch Opera (by default it just launches the default browser which, in my case, is Netscape Communicator). Media has been specifically programmed to start Winamp3 (instead of it's default of just starting the default media player which, while being WA3 on my machine, protects it from another program, WMP in particular from ever changing it).

The only trouble I'm having is getting the transport buttons (Play/Pause, Stop, Pre. Track and Next Track) to work in Winamp. The IntelliType software doesn't let you assign macro functions to the keys so I can't use any of the "Multimedia Keyboard" plugins for either Winamp 2 or 3. If anyone knows how I can get these keys to work in Winamp it'll be much appreciated.

Quote:

A bit pricey

Not DVI, I mean the same type of connector as CRT monitors use - you can get TVs that have that type of connector as an input.

Quote:
Quote:

Do you know how to make the Play/Pause, Stop, Prev Track and Next Track buttons control Winamp instead of WMP?

yea you need to download intellitype
and set your media button to start winamp
then the play and pause will work for it

and sapiens74
they took the page with the natural kb pro down
the mulitmedia one you have is just like it just has new colors