Sign in to follow this  
NTGAMEMAN

New Betas!

hey guys.. some new beta are out! That LEAKED smile

Windows Xp HOME AND PRO SP1 BETA BUILD 1078- Internal build

MSN MESSENGER 5 BUILD 322- Internal Build

Windows Media Player 9 build 2601 ALPHA- Internat Build

anyone here try these?

i tried the sp1 and wmp9, but the msn keeps on kicked me out every 30 seconds.. i did try out the ways past it.. but did not work for me

i also frogot Windows .NET 3660 build leaked too.. but i dont need .net

winxp home oem is enought for me(i bought it people) also with a mouse

sorry dosfreak. i ment build 1078. typing mistake

I am using all three and i think Windows Media Player 9 is 'Fantastic'

(and yes i am talking about a bit of software made by Microsoft) it has a lot of great features and cannot wait for this to be final, also does anyone know if WMP9 and Messenger 5 will be in with .Net Server when it becomes final?.

WMP 9 beta was not due to start until October....Longhorn beta is due late 2002 as well.

So I don't know about the autheticity.

This definatley is not fake and is brilliant to boot, it has all of WMP8 and lots of new extras along with new DVD/CD playing features and new visualizations.

heh. We have to hack WMP8 out of XP so that we can use it in 2000.

M$ gets angry and comments that WMP8 on 2000 does not have all the features that it does in XP because in XP it is more "integrated". Lies.

Now WMP9 can be installed on 9x,2000,XP for beta testing. They'd better drop 9x/2000 support, otherwise I'll be wanting to know how WMP8 can only work on XP while WMP9 can work on 9x,2000,XP. mad

and people wonder why M$ makes us angry. mad Who wants to bet that they'll remove 9x,2000 support after the beta? I do!

I dont think they will keep 9x/2000 support because M$ are trying to completely scrap those OS and push everyone into getting XP. After all i dont blame them, if i ran a company like that i would do the same thing 8)

I know. It's scaring me. I've been using M$ OS's since Dos 4.0. (Well, I've owned M$ OS's since DOS 4.0, but I've used earlier versions).

I've used every single one of their OS'S since then so I have a pretty good perspective on their activities.

I'd always been trying to get back into Linux but I never had the time. 9x/NT dual-boot pretty much killed that though. Well, now that XP is out I find myself dual-booting their OS's more so that I can pinpoint the difference's between the OS's, help users out, and use what features I like to use that they have disable/enabled between the OS's.

I've been trying to get my second computer up and going but I've been very busy and I like to concentrate on upgrading and tweaking my main machine. I can't stand to have a computer in my room that has older parts when I can upgrade it to something better. Well, when I get back next week I'm gonna upgrade both computers. Get my Dual P3 1ghz going and most likely make that my Linux machine. I'm then gonna go FULL-OUT. Wine, KDE, Gnome, All the *nix distro's. I'm gonna convert every single one of my tasks over to *nix and leave M$ Windows as my gaming machine and compatibility until I can finally play all of my games and perform all of my tasks on *nix. VMware will really help in this task so that I'll pretty much be able to perform all my desktop work on *nix while leaving the Windows machine to games that will not work under *nix.

In fact I may swap that around. I'll need all the power I can get when emulating under Wine so I just might use my Dual P3 as my Windows machine. Slap a GF4Ti4600 in 'dere and it'll play the games that won't work under Wine just fine.

I'm also focusing more and more on the infrastructure side of 'da house. Switchs/Routers/ATM/Eth/Sniffers. I'm getting more and more into that since I've done pretty much everything small-computer wise. So my focus nowadays is going to be more *nix and networking focuses.

Buh by M$! You've made my blood boil enough over the years it was sad to know ya! I'll still have to put up with ya over the years to come but instead of thinking about it I'll just mark it down on my list and port it on over to *nix! laugh

well, whether you like it or not, it's what most of you are using, haha.

Besides, it's best to install and try every OS (Windows 9x, NT, Linux) and any other standard OS, so that you have the knowledge of them, for things like tech support.

Business's are steadily progressing away from M$. The backbone of the 'net has always been non-MS. Where businesse's go (especially the military) the public follows. I forsee M$ having very hard times to come unless they correct their problems....which is highly unlikely considering their mindset.

*Sigh*

It is so ****ing simple.

Don't like MS? Don't use their products.

Of course you do have another option, keep on saying "M$ Sux" cause that really gets the message across.

*nix on slower machines:

Yep, about 2 years ago I was playing around with P100/P133's and the *nix GUI was considerably slower than the Windows GUI. It was still useable however. Haven't tried it lately but I'm sure things have sped up a bit.

Military:

Miliaty networks upgraded from Novell networks to NT4 Domains in '95. In '99 they started upgrading to 2000 workstations. In 2000 they got the go ahead to start using 2000 on their servers. So most bases now have mixed NT4/2000 networks. Most bases are still running NT4 Domains while the military tries to figure out how they want to run AD. Most are also still running Exchange 5.5. A very few bases are running 2000 Domains with Exchange 2000 as test-beds. Hopefully next year we may have a full 2000 domain. We use many *nix machines on-base however. Most of our monitoring machines and firewalls have always been *nix. Some print/database servers are still *nix.

I prefer *nix print servers over NT print servers for obvious reasons.

I prefer *nix web servers over NT web servers in most cases. (Unfortunately we are not using any at the moment but I would like to rectify that.)

I prefer HP openview on *nix but we are currently using it on NT. (OPV is primarily an *nix app that is ported over to NT...if that's what you want to call it.)

I prefer *nix External DNS servers over NT External DNS servers.

I see *nix slowly replacing critical NT server's over the years more and more and by slowly I mean slooowwwlllyyy. With the consolidation the military is currently taking (consoli[censored] most of their control to primary bases) less inovation and experimentation will be taken in the field which is a good thing for control but very very very very bad for quick-response to fixes and base-specific configurations. I've already seen this with our take-over where I can see a more optimal configuration but I've been over-ruled.

*nix Desktop on military machines? Not for a veeerry long time. I'd hate to see the time when XP was on military desktop's but that's likely what it's going to be. So far I've been lucky that it hasn't been approved for military networks but I heard that it's going to come down the pipe. Hopefully I can convince our base to keep it off citing that since we are still running an NT4 domain and since .NET isn't out yet that running XP on our desktops would be an extremely bad idea. Bah. They'll probably install it anyway. IT'S NEW AND IMPROVED! Who cares about the bigger picture?

BR

Read the dang posts man. Yeah, it'd be nice to just install *nix and YAY! I'm away from M$! But in the real-world this cannot happen over-night but as you can see I can at least start using the word M$ without any consequences or hardship. laugh