Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

I don't mean to piss everyone off....(not what you think)

Now that I got your attention (for those of you who remember those days)..

What is the best CPU/System Temperature Monitor to use on my computer, preferably, something that can hide in the system tray with an icon that shows me the temperature.

If not, then whatever you can suggest.

Thanks

I use motherboard monitor 5, takes some setting up but when your done its the best (in my opinion) smile

I also use motherboard monitor. After all the setup is done you can display all the temperatures in the system tray if you want. You can change the colors of the numbers too, so it works with all colors of the taskbar. And you can get the latest here.

Something that is equally cool is installing motherboard monitor and using its DLL's to run Coolmon. You can check out some screenshots here and download it here.

Setup can be a bit weird. You dont have to have MBM running, but Coolmon will require a DLL (for me I had to move it into (copied) its own folder).

Quote:

Now that I got your attention (for those of you who remember those days)..

lol, that was a good one laugh

/Toby

Actually I just read that the new MBM isnt supprted by coolmon. On the coolmon download page they say that it will be updated.

The neat thing about coolmon, that I can see anyways, is using it as a network monitoring system. That would be perfect.

Scenario:

Uh-oh WS#45 power supply fan is failing... better go replace it before I get a call about a loud noise.

haha, yea...I start my computer up one day (running 250W supply on a processor recommended 300W)...the damn thing blew finally, I was talking on the phone, all of a sudden, BOOMMMMMMMMMMMM. I'm like "WTF?!?!?!"...my cousin is like "WTF?!?!?!", I ended up spending more than I should had for a 300W supply.

np

Ive seen power supplys that rattle, and upon opening them, I found that some of the capacitors actually blew up and their casings were roaming free.

haha, when I opened the one that blew up, little pieces of metal were everywhere

Quote:

haha, yea...I start my computer up one day (running 250W supply on a processor recommended 300W)...the damn thing blew finally, I was talking on the phone, all of a sudden, BOOMMMMMMMMMMMM. I'm like "WTF?!?!?!"...my cousin is like "WTF?!?!?!", I ended up spending more than I should had for a 300W supply.

I had the same today without the pieces but loads of smoke and charring on the case... Took half of a fire extinguisher.

I had no idea it was this hard to find a working replacement MOBO for a slot CPU....

Mine wasn't caused by overload though.