Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Admiral LSD

WarCraft 2, Mo'Slo and VDMSound

Has anyone ever got this combination to work? If so, can someone explain how? When I try War2 complains about not being able to find some file on the War2 CD despite having low-level CD-ROM support enabled in VDMSound.

Buy Warcraft 2 Battle.net

Works in 9x/NT4/2000/XP.

Only bad thing about it is no CD soundtrack like the DOS version. For those times I play War2 I just stick in my ol' DOS WAR2 CD and listen to the soundtrack.

Getting back to your problem...

Are you sure that the CD is good? My WAR2 CD was so crappily manufactured that I can no longer copy the biggest files off of the CD. frown Verify that you can access all files by simply copying 'em off the CD to your HD.

If I could find it, I’d definitely get the Bnet edition but since it’s not readily available I’m trying to make do with what I’ve got

I know it’s not the CD, War2 runs just fine without Mo’Slo (minus the Red Book soundtrack for some reason although thats no big deal) except for the fact that the Map scrolling is way too fast (necessitating the need for Mo’Slo).

's a pity you don't live in the UK, I saw Battle.net today in a store.

I don't know how much help this will be, but I thought I'd post it for you anyway:

I've never personally been able to get Warcraft II working properly under Windows XP. But, because I have 98SE on the same machine, I run it there...

Instead of Mo'slo, I use CPU Killer (because Mo'slo wouldn't actually slow down my computer -- it was too fast...anyone with this problem should try CPU Killer).

That's how I'm playing Warcraft II...

Not sure how relevant this is for you though (ie. whether or not you have a 98SE boot).

One of my reasons for upgrading to XP was to rid myself of any kind of 9x dual boot so thats not really an option. Nor would it really help since I can get the game, sound and all, running under Windows XP (using thelatest version of VDMSound) except for the map scrolling. One of the guys at the VOGONs forum DosFreak pointed out suggested a program called Turbo so I'm trying that but will also give CPU Killer a go.

<nod> I tried Turbo as well. It works quite beautifully.

The reason I chose CPU Killer over Turbo was because CPU Killer has a command-line launcher (ie. you can start Warcraft II and CPU Killer simultaneously from a single shortcut).

Best of luck! smile

To get rid of the CD dependency, Google for a War2 crack made by a guy named "Pixie"

Even though my War2 game was completely legit, I used this crack to get rid of the CD dependency back in the DOS days so I could play without the disk in the office. (Yeah, I miss the late 90's too.)

Anyway, I just got my Warcraft 2 disks out of the closet today, so I'm going to attack the Windows 2000 Server vs. classic Warcraft 2 issue tonight...I'm let you know if I get it to work.