Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
o0_ZERO_0o

kodak camera and windows 2000

hi,

i have just built a computer for a friend of mine and everything work's ok but i have one small problem.

When we connect the kodak DVC325 usb ver to the computer and install the drivers it gives an error message; "you system must be usb ready" this is funny becuase this computer has 4 other usb devices conected to the computer and they work fine. I then emailed kodak them self to get some updated drivers for windows 2000 and they sent me a email back with new drivers i then installed the new drivers and the same problem was still there i then called my supplier CW Supplies and there technicians told me that there was a problem with windows 2000 usb and that i could get a update from microsoft's website but i have searched there website for hours and there does not seam to be any sign of a update on there site.

If you know of a fix to this problem could you please post a reply and also a link to the usb driver update if there is realy one !!!

Thanks. mad

I used this on my Desktop with Windows 2000, and XP with no problems. I use it on my laptop now with no problems as well. Try compatibility mode?

Also what chipset do you have? VIA, INTEL?

If you have VIa you might want to try thier USB filter patch

I have that camera with a Via chipset and no problems.

They do have newer software for the camera since the ols software wasn't compatable with some video conferenceing software.

Do you have the newer driver from their site?

IO beleive you always get that ghenicic warning message with USB stuff, just disregard it and install the newer driver.

Be sure you have COMPLETELY un-installed the old driver with the camera unplugged INCLUDING all registry entries.

I use Reg. Crawler to search for left over entries since NO uninstaller COMPLETELY removes everything!

Get it from: www.4dev.com