Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SamDipiazza

Pioneer DVD-105S on XP causing BSOD?

I am having trouble with my Pioneer DVD-105S drive on Windows XP. When copying a large amount of data from a CD-ROM (as in installing a large software application) XP will BSOD after a time. I dual boot to Win98; no problem there. So I have to copy the whole CD-ROM to the hard drive under Win98 then boot to XP to install the software. Or, I have to copy a small amount at a time. According to the HCL it has not been tested under XP, but since it meets logo requirements for all other Windows it seems that it should work. Anyone have any ideas?

It's not the Drive. (Well it could be a bad drive). I have that drive and have used it constantly for the past year in NT4/2K/XP. No bluescreens.

Yeah same drive here, no problem, you wouldnt happen to have a via motherboard with the 686b southbridge would you?

I think I have found a workaround; I set the IDE channel to PIO instead of DMA. Now it runs slower, but at least no bluescreens smile.

BTW It's an Athlon motherboard. I can't remember the model off the top of my head; I'll look it up when I get home.

Good ole' VIA.

Try using thier latest 4 in 1 patch.

And maybe trying it on a different channel, IDE i mean