Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
michel123

drivers for my voodoo2 card in w2k on amd duron

I can't get this old voodoo2 card to work. My system is windows 2000 professional ,my processor an AMD Duron (900mhz)and my mainboard a matsonic MS8308E (128 Mb 133 ). Windows can see the card, it appears in the device manager, but when I install the drivers (drivers for win2000) and then reboot, a message comes up saying "error mapping memory" and when I try to see what resources the card is using, there is this message "the device isn't using any resources, because it has a problem"

So, please tell me if there are any drivers available that would work on my system in win 2000.

I have a similar setup.950MHZ Duron,voodoo3 16mb pci. I'm assuming the drivers for win2k you're referring to came from either the original CD or from voodoofiles.com.I personally d/l'ed the drivers from "voodoofiles" website. This is best because win2k will install its own drivers , but their drivers do not support openGL.MY advice would be to uninstall the device,making sure the graphics adapter chosen is set to "standard graphics adapter" reload with new drivers from 3DFX.com or Voodoofiles.com and make sure that DirectX8.0 or higher is installed prior to driver install (required)....hope this helps...worked for me...

hm... what do you mean by "the graphics adapter chosen is set to standard graphics adapter" ?

and yes, my drivers are from voodoofiles, and yet they don't work, and there is this annoying message at startup "error trying to map memory"

He meant to uninstall the V2 card, install the Standard VGA Adapter driver, and only after that to install the new V2 drivers, not only update them.

P.S.: I know that V2 is not officially supported in Win2k, meaning that you do not have D3D in it. However, if you manage to find some good V2 drivers that can offer you support for D3D in win2k, you did it !