Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ASiDiE

Diskeeper and defrag error

I am using diskeeper 7.0.393.0 and it seems almost every time I try to defrag I get this error.

"Defragmentation of WINXP (C smile had been cancelled due to inconsistencies that were detected in the filesystem, Please run CHKDSK on WINXP (C smile to repair these inconsistencies, then run diskeepr again"

Now I know what you guys are going to tell me.. run chkdsk. Yes I have done that many times but the error still keeps coming up. I just replaced the hard drive from a 40 gig ata 66 maxtor drive to a 120 Gig ata 100 (8 meg cache) WD drive. I never used to get this error on the 40 gig drive. I have searched diskeepers site for any info on this error but can't seem to find anything. Has anyone else seen this? And is there a solution to it? I know if I click ok to this error and then hit defrag again.. it seems to work.. but errors like this don't make me feel good... Any info would be great.

ASiDiE

When you run CHKDSK, are you doing a read only check or a fix&repair check? If a fix&repair check, does CHKDSK say that it found any errors?

- Greg/Raxco Software

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility and a competitor to Diskeeper, as a systems engineer in the support department.