Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tpe

Access is denied (stripped disk)

I am getting an access is denied error when attempting to access a stripped dynamic drive, can anyone please help as i would like to keep the info on it.

After a graphics card burnout that necessitated a motherboard replacement (costly smoky and rather smelly) i have had to reinstall win2k.

I have managed to keep most of the data on drive c that is a basic fat disk containing the system but although i can see drive d in the file manager i cant access it.

When i try and get its properties it is reported as being 0 bytes.

When i look at it in the disk manager it correctly reports it as 1x 20 gb stripped dynamic healthy NTFS composed of 2 x 10 gb hdds that are said to be online and healthy.

I should probably say something about my hardware, i have a promice ultra DMA66 controller, but all apears to be working as the dynamic drives show up in the drive manager.

I would greatly apreciate any help so as i dont have to lose the data stored on these drives.

I have searched these forums and microsofts support site but have not found anything that helps so far.

Many thanks

tpe

Hmmm, did you ever backup your old NT install? I believe the information for the software RAID is stored in NT in the registry but I could be wrong.... Unsure how to recover a software RAID from a fresh install without a backup.

Thanks for taking a look, dont i feel silly now i found out the problem.

For some reason when i reinstalled win2k the administrator did not have permission for that drive. i gave administrator permission and all was back to normal shocked

tpe

DosFreak i guess we posted at the same time as i didnt see your reply. yes but long ago, and before so many hardware changes, but not before the burn out unfortunatly, lol that made me feel silly too wink thanks anyway