Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tatt

Pioneer DVD-Rom

My DVD rom suddenly couldn't read any cd/cd-rom/dvd-rom. I'd been using it on Win XP for the past six months. It could detect that there is a cd inside though. The error msg i keep getting is 'Windows cannot read from disk. The disk might be corrupted, or it could be using a format which is not compatible with Windows. At first my CD-RW went funny then now it's the DVD-Rom. I had fixed the CD-RW by downloading the new drivers and now it worked fine, but I couldnt' find any drivers for my Pioneer DVD-rom. The only driver they have is to use in DOS mode only. I don't know how to do it in DOS mode. Their website is so useless.

My model is Pioneer DVD-Rom 103.

Could someone pls help me?

confused

I have downloaded it but I don't know how to install it. It went into DOS mode and I have no clue of what to do next. Don't they have something in Windows Mode?? Why only dos mode?

first extract the exe you downloaded into a directory you can remember... for the most ease, just put it on your boot disk. Then boot into dos mode, and put yourself in the directory with the files. Then follow this instruction from the readme:

Quote:
5. Next, please type as follows and push Enter Key.

upg3a /n G3SA121.HEX

Please fill in the following only one numerical values on "n".

n=1 primary slave

n=2 secondary master

n=3 secondary slave

After this is done, power off the computer. When you boot back up, it will be on the new firmware.

BTW, the readme.txt file does have complete instructions, but they seem to be a poor translation from another language. (it talks a lot about defrosting confused )