Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
icantelu

win2k/rc3 and voodoo3 problem with resolution and refresh ra

sup ppl

okay i have been tryin to figure this out but got no clue on what to do....

i installed rc3 and i did just as chameleon's instructions said in his v3win2k.zip of the v3 drivers....they installed and worked fine...

until i tried runnin q3a, ut or even voodoolights.....they work but have a problem...with resolution and refresh rates...

the problem is that the drivers dont set the correct resolution and refresh rate...if the correct resolution get sets the optimal refresh rate for my monitor (optiquest v75) dont get set correct...they either go into 'VESA 800x600 60Hz'...etc...or they go into 'NON REGISTER 60Hz' (btw..i got that info off the 'osd display panel' from controls on the monitor)

what do i do fix the problem? anyone?

cause if i cant get this working...its back to lame win98se frown.gif

thanks in advanced,

--icantelu

hmm, i dont recall having the same problem, or anyone for that matter, (unless they say something!!!) and i have an Optiquest V95, are the drivers installed for the v75 ? i know win2k has native drivers and everything works fine with them! hmmm, do the games startup weird ? or they just go to a black screen? or is the entire problem that the right refresh rate isnt being shown on the display properties panel ?

chameleon win2kbox.8m.com

yes...the drivers for the optiquest v75 were installed and even the refresh rate options were available....the games startup as expected and i can even play 'em except for the fact that...they dont have the right resolution and/or right refresh rate...varies on games but....yea...that seemed to be it...dont know what it was...cause i talked to few ppl and they said their stuff worked out fine so i wondered what it was....i think it might have been the fact that i tried to install diffrent drivers several times may have caused the problem started from the 1st drivers i tried...but i am sure i uninstalled them correctly everytime before i installed a diffrent one...i went through the winnt dir and removed the correct files and everything...

anywhoo...i am back to win98se frown.gif

i might ghost this win98se image and then try win2k again if it works fine....i can scrap the ghost image...

thanks for the help,

--icantelu