Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gregor

teac cd-rw 40x burn speed problems

i have nero 5.5.8.0. and clonecd 4.0.0.1 installed on my computer. recently i bought a new cd-burner Teac CD-RW 40xburn speed (burn-proof, cd-text,...).

when i want to compile a new cd in nero and grab the files from my HD everything looks okay (3.44 minutes for 80minutes CD), but when i want to create a new cd with files from another cd-rom, my computer suddenly restarts. the same thing happens in clonecd, when i want to copy a cd,... it just restarts. any ideas why does this happen?

please help..

my specifications:

- proc: duron @ 700mhz

- cd-rw: teac 40x

- cd: sony 52x

- sys: win xp

thanks

Make sure that the Teac has DMA support. Bring up device manager, click on the (+)next to IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, Right click on Secondary IDE Channel, Properties, Advanced Settings, Pull down arrow for DMA support if available. Teac recommends that its burner be made the Master device on the Secondary IDE channel. Make your Sony the Slave.

well.. i have slot settings like this:

- primary master: hdd1 - maxtor 40gb,

- primary slave: hdd2 - ibm 10gb,

- secondary master: cd-rw teac 40x

- secondary slave: cd-rom sony

in ide ata/atapi controllers (advanced...) i checked for secondary ide channels "dma if available"

-----

someone told me that isn't possible to have a cd-rom 52x and the cd-burner 40x on the same slot (secondary).. could this be the reason?

There is no reason why you cannot. In fact it is rather typical. How much memory (ram) is installed on this machine? The more ram the better.

well..

this cd-rw alone has 8mb of memory. my machine has 512mb,.. so,.. i don't know..

but.. hey.. now it works.. how? i installed via 4in1 app and now everything works perfect!!!

thanks all!

then it was probably either an incompatability problem with the IDE controllers or chipset.