Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
plato

buying RAM for asus A7V333

does cas 2 work for this board now.

have the new rams come out.

what is the model and brand of ram to buy. I do not have a lot of money so price is a consideration as well.

I don't think any cas 2 ddr333 is available yet. You're better off with cas 2 ddr266 for now.

If anyone knows of a reliable source of cas 2 ddr333, hopefully they will mention it here.

So do you think that cas2 DDR266 is better than Cas2.5 DDR333?

The price seems to be more or less the same.

Also what do you think about KingMax DDR333 cas2.5 ram...256MB $130canadian.

Due to latency, cas 2 ddr266 runs faster than cas 2.5 ddr333.

i understand Davros,

but dosn't the fact that the ram is running at 333(166) and not 266(133) add overall better berformance.

Mind u it is cas2.5 not cas3. And we all now how little the difference between cas 2 and 3 is...

Also keep in mind that 2.5 333 ram can run in cas2 266 also, but if u buy cas2 266 ram u r stuck at that speed. Also there is no price diff between the two.

So far i have heard that 333 cas2.5 gives better benchmark scores compared to when the ram is lowerd to 266 cas2. Would like more info. Also can check Tom's website to confirm that 333 cas 2.5 beat 266cas2.

Is this the article you saw? There are 3 results posted there, one result shows cas 2.5 ddr333 slightly faster, one shows cas 2 ddr266 slightly faster, and one has them virtually the same.

If you are looking to replace your cas 2 ddr266 with cas 2.5 ddr333, then I would save my money and wait another month or 2 until the cas 2 modules start showing up. If you need new memory now for a new system, then go for it. Personally, I only use cas 2 memory, at the fastest clock speed my mobo will support. If you buy cas 2.5 now, you may find yourself tempted to replace it with cas 2 in a few months. It just depends on if you need it now, or if you can wait a bit more.

i am buying new sys on friday

now have pc133 ram.

getting kt333 mobo