Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SnapperOne

<Start><Programs> How to combine listings?

I knew how to do this in Win98SE, but must be having a "senior moment" now that I'm using Win2KPro.

I want to combine many of the listings found in <Start><Programs> under more general listings, so the program list isn't so long.

I.E.;.....I'd like to group Access, Excell, Outlook, etc...under "Microsoft Programs"; and, Nortons AntiVirus and System Works under "Norton's Programs" etc.... Problem is I can't remember: 1) How to enter the new master-listings, and 2) Move the sub-listings to the new group listing. As I remember, once I've created the master listing, all I have to do is drag the sub-listing to its' new location.

Right Click on the Start button, left click on Open. Your Programs folder will appear. Double click on it. This will bring up all the folders listed under Programs. For every new general listing, create a new folder with the name you wish to give it. If you want to transfer programs just double click on the folder that contains them and right click and drag and drop them into their new folder and select move.

Sampson...........

Thanks for the info.....worked like a champ. Another question.

Why don't Access, Excel, and Word show up when you go to <Start><Open> and double-click on the Program folder? The short-cuts show up when you go to <Start><Programs>.

Thanks again for the lead. Helped alot.

Right Click Start Button. Left Click Explore all Users. In the left side panel under the directory tree Start, Click on Programs - The icons for Word, Excel, etc. will be found.