Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
areid

Netware client services

I have Netware client services installed on my pc (W2k) but I don't need it any more. Does anyone know how I can uninstall it? It is not in the list of installed applications in the Control Panel 'Add/Remove programs' option and I cannot find an Uninstall.exe anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan Harris-Reid

The easiest way is just to remove it from the list of installed services in the Network settings for your NIC.

You can then look in Services and make sure that it is set to Manual (or Disabled) to prevent it from starting when the machine boots up.

Bursar, thanks for the reply.

>The easiest way is just to remove it from the list of installed services in the Network settings for your NIC.<

I'm rather ignorant in this area. NIC? Please tell me how I get to the services list (I'm running W2K on a standalone pc).

Regards,

Alan

Right click My Network Places and choose Properties.

Right click Local Area Connection (assuming you haven't renamed it) and choose Properties.

Highlight the Netware client and click Remove.

After whirling around a bit, that should be done, so click OK.

Click Start -> Programs -> Administrative Tools -> Services

Have a look through the list, and for any servives that have the name Novell or Netware in them, double click them and set the Startup Type to be disabled.

That's it, your done smile

Bursar...

>Right click Local Area Connection (assuming you haven't renamed it) and choose Properties.<

Erm... I have a couple of dial-up connections that I've setup, but no Local Area Connection. Should I have? Is there any other way of getting rid of the Netware Client?

Many thanks,

Alan

Erm, how come you have the Netware client installed, and no network adapters then?

What was the point of installing the client?

Ah well, have a look at the properties of each of your dial up connections to see if it is in there.

Bursar...

>Erm, how come you have the Netware client installed, and no network adapters then? What was the point of installing the client? <

Even though I am on a standalone machine, I had to connect remotely to a client's site via my ISP using VPN (Virtual Private Network). Because the client's server was running Netware, I needed the Netware Client Services installed so I could see everything on their network. It was very unreliable, and now we've ditched the solution in favor of a pcAnywhere connection, which is infinitely better.

>Ah well, have a look at the properties of each of your dial up connections to see if it is in there<

I'll give it a go.

Many thanks,

Alan