Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Clayboy

Please help - MultiMonitor Question

Here's whats going on. I have a dual p2-350 , 128ram IDE drivers, scsi burner and cdrom. A AGP Voodoo3 and recently I bought a cheap ATI xpert 98 PCI video card to slap into my machine so i can use my spare 17" for more desktop space.

The bios is initializing the AGP bus first so my V3 is my primary card.

98 picks up both cards and works flawlessly with Multimon support. But 2000 (RC2) always exclamaits the PCI video card. I tried the xpert 98 and 2 others and both come up exclaimated. BUT when i tell the bios the init the PCI bus first 2k enables both cards and everything works perfectly .

Does anyone know or can speculate how I can fix this problem? Is it a bug in 2k? will rc3 solve this? Am I stuck with using the pci card as the main , first initialized card?

Please help me , dont make me stay in 98 to use both my monitors! =[

Any help appreciated. Yours humbly,

Clayboy

Have you tried telling 2k that you want the AGP as primary

Atleast in my display properties in win 2k there is a check box telling 2k that I want my AGP as primary.

Thanks Oracle for the great suggestion With my hopes so low after not getting the agp to work i didnt even notice that option.

I restarted with my bios initiliazing pci as primary and enabled the agp card in 2k to be used as primary and seems to be working great!

Thanks again for the great suggestion.

Clayboy

Quick update.

Even though changing my bios to boot pci bus first caused multimon to work for both cards in RC2, now Win98 uses the crappier pci card for its primary leaving my agp v3 3000 as the secondary card. And ofcourse 98 wants to play all my games off the main card.

So , my new plight now is if anyone knows how to change the primary monitor in 98 like 2000 can. I've been playing with the registery trying to find it there but no luck yet.

-Clayboy

[This message has been edited by Clayboy (edited 18 November 1999).]