Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
B00MER

DDR Ram question(s)

Ive got an ASUS a7a266 MB, supporting 2 DDR and 3 SDR modules, Well right now I have a Samsung 256 module Link and I just recently got a Nanya 256 DDR stick Link from a friend, my problem is if both modules are installed I got a blue screen of death from api.sys, seperatly the module run fine, but do NOT want to run side by side for some reason. I'm running 133/33, one thing I did notice is the samsung module is 64x32 the nanya is 32x8, would this have anything to do with them not working.

Anyhelp appreciated as I really don't want to have to get exchange info from my kind friend who was so nice to send me this stick.

frown

Thanks!

confused

Choosing between SDRAM and DDR is controlled through a single switch in the bank of dip switches in the lower right corner of the board. Do remember, you cannot use both SDR and DDR at the same time.

Set your memory settings in BIOS to the slowest possible, maybe that will help (especially the latency to 2.5 or 3).

Many people have problems when trying to mix two different sticks, for various reasone. For example, some mobos can autodetect the sticks optimal settings and get confused with two brands. Having different mem configs and banks as you apparently have is likely to cause problems. In short, its possible that you'll never get them working together.

H.

I was afraid of that, probably best to just buy a pair of the same brand of memory frown