Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
*C4*

Problem with Gainward GF4 Ti 4400

I just bought myself a brand spanking new graphics card, and after a long period of reading up decided on a Gainward GF4 Ti 4400, after seeing some impressive stats on various websites.

Now, after installing it this morning and running 3d Mark 2001SE, I got 5900 3d Marks, which isnt what I was expecting as I had seen these same cards reaching the 10,000 mark on reviews of it. So then I tried to run Team Fortress Classic and kept an eye on my FPS. On a few occasions it dropped down to 40 fps... which led me to the conclusion either my system isnt good enough for the card, or I have something set up wrong.

I'm running Windows XP, Athlon 1.1Ghz with 256 PC133 ram, could this be holding back the optimum performance of the card or is there something I've missed which could account for this? Or have I just been totally misinformed (wouldnt be the first time :P) Any help would be really appreciated, oh and I'm running the latest Detonator drivers (28.90)

damn, realise this is in the wrong forum, really sorry!!

What motherboard are you using? Ive got exactly the same card and there is no way its supposed to be getting 40fps in tfc.