Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
g0dzhmmr

local user properties problem

Hey all, Have a question for everyone. I go into the mmc and bring up the local user and groups. I go to users and select properties of a user an when I click on the 'member of' tab I get a dialog window saying "the following error occured while attempting to read the properties for the user 'user's name': The server service is not started.". I've tried this for user accounts and administrator. I'm logged in with an account that has administrator group privilages. I'm on a XP pro. system. If anyone has any Idea why this is happening I'd be much obliged for some help.

Thanks,

g0dzhmmr

Type services.msc in the Run box and hit Enter. In the Services window on the right, find "Server." Double click it. In the window that opens, click the Start button and wait for it to start. Also in the Startup Type dropdown menu, change it to Automatic.

Thanks for the help on where to find it. I found the main reason for it not being there. Didn't know you needed to have fiel and print sharing installed to have the server service available under services. I am now more the wiser for that mistake. Again thanks for the help.

g0dzhmmr