Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

Pentium 4 with a 250-watt PSU?

I'm considering a 300W PSU for a P4 1.6 Northwood on a MSI 845 UltraARU and a GeForce 3Ti200...is it wise? smile

Quote:

Why would you want to do such a thing?

I am running a power hungry Athlon, SLOT variety right now on a 250-watt with a GeForce2 when everyone said I needed 300. Although if I do move to a P4 I would go with 350. I just wanted to know if anyone attempted this.

It rules, Rock solid stable, a ton of feautres, and more options then I can shake a stick at.

I say MSI rulez too smile

ATA133 Raid 0,1

USB2.0 onboard

CMedia Sound (SPDIF in/out),multichannel support

And cheaper than Asus, for sure

I was considering an MSI board, but around where I live here in Canada they are difficult to find. Frankly only Asus, Abit boards are the most common followed by Gigagbyte. Then you can grab some by Soyo, DFI, Tyan and a few others, but MSI, Aopen, and ECS are difficult to locate.

Whereabouts in Canada do you live?

Where I am, Asus and MSI are th big ones. It's downright impossible to get Abit. Chaintech and Soyo are around too, but that's about it.

Kitchener, Ontario, I actually managed to find a reseller for MSI boards but they only offer the ones that OEMs would want. Other than that I know where I can get some ECS boards, Toronto.