Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

I know this has been decided already but I am just curious w

Which do you feel is better? The latest IE or the latest Netscape and why?

I got to admit what Admiral is saying is true, Opera is the fastest out of all of them. One thing with Netscape is its time that it takes to load, I havent used Opera for sometime but i think i will download it soon.

I use IE, doesn't bother me. I find it better than Netscape 6.2.2 for example, much faster as well. Opera is annoying with its ads (last time I checked it). This is my opinion at least smile

Ads suck. Its funny with the free software movement and IE being free that people support opera when you gotta pay for it.

IE only really has 3 significant probs, from my point of view:

1. it can only enlarge variable sized fonts, unlike Navigator which can enlarge all fonts - so I have to resort to using Nutscrape for webpages that are made with fixed size fonts. [Personally I think making a website using a fixed sized font should be a capital (sp?) offence! Grrrr......]

2. cookie handling/control isn't as good as it should/could be.

3. no built in anti pop-up control/filter.

it kills me to see the people that support this software you gotta buy to get the no ad version, and know one buys it. Wonder why?

I agree with sapiens74; when NS4 came out it was a pig and the decline of NS began. I have always liked IE, and since Opera doesn't support NTLM authentication I haven't had a need to even try it.

Internet Explorer 6: Good browser

Mozilla 0.9.9: Better standards compliancy than IE, tabbed browsing, pop-up disabling built-in, a few bugs.

Opera 6: Tabbed browsing, pop-up disabling built-in, but poor support for Document Object Model and CSS2 (meaning the new web-based game that i'm writing will never work in Opera) frown.

I personally use Mozilla (and IE when necessary).